Cost: ~ $4.00. 2-3 main dish servings, 4-5 side dish servings.
Wild Rice Kale Gratin
- ½ cup wild rice prepared
- 1 bunch kale, deveined, washed, and torn into small bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, whites only, sliced
- handful baby carrots
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ cup fresh shredded parmesan
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup coarse bread crumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat oil in pan. Whiz scallions, carrots, and mushrooms in food processor. Add to heated oil. Add salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook for a few minutes until slightly tender. Add kale. Cover and cook until wilted, less than five minutes, tossing 2-3 times. In a separate large bowl add rice, kale mixture, and most of cheese. Toss to incorporate ingredients. Add to baking dish lightly sprayed/brushed with oil. Pour stock over mixture. Top with bread crumbs and remainder of cheese. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes until top is light golden.
Tags: bread crumbs, carrots, cheese, cooking, gratin, kale, mushrooms, recipe, scallion