Success!! I made several adjustments to a previous attempt in order to create a veg burger that is oh-so-tasty AND isn’t dry and crumbly. I prefer to eat these without a bun, topped with tomatoes and/or avocado with a side of baked fries.
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 TB chia, soaked in ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup oats (processed into flour)
- 1½ cup fresh bread crumbs (not dried)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup cooked beans (black and great northern)
- handful fresh parsley and/or other herbs
- ⅓ cup almonds chopped
- ½ cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB worstershire
- 2 TB chili powder
- 1 TB coriander
- 1 TB oregano
- salt & pepper
- Saute onion, garlic, and carrot until tender. Add all other ingredients to large bowl and mix to incorporate. Divide into 8 portions and form into tightly packed patties.
- Fry on medium low for 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
The soaked chia seeds are amazing. It creates a gelatinous goo, very similar to egg. This is a food processor recipe. I basically took many turns whizzing up ingredients and dumping into the bowl. Lots of steps, but none time sensitive or in any particular order. Tags: beans, veg burgers, vegan, vegetarian