Argh… It just occurred to me that this photo looks like rotel dip. Photo fail, but flavor success. 🙂 I’m hoping for a better illustration when it’s actually served!
The little one is in love with peaches at the moment. I couldn’t resist a recipe for chilled tomato soup from this month’s Bon Appetit as inspiration. It’s adapted quite a bit for a much fruitier result. I’m not a gazpacho person, but after tasting this fruity blended version I’m much more likely to try a similar veg/spicy creation. We threw it together tonight and will have it for lunch tomorrow. I’m thinking some sort of tomato bread and a hearty salad with nuts would be tasty buddies.
- 1.5 lb tomatoes (approximately 8 romas)
- 4 peaches peeled and pitted
- 1 large English cucumber seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 oz cherries pitted
- 3 TB white wine vinegar
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1-2 tsp salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- Cut tomatoes, peaches, and cucumber into large chunks. Everything will be blended, so work in batches based on blender capacity. Add softest ingredients to bottom of blender to help the process. Add a little water in each batch also. Add vinegar, oil, and salt to one batch. Pulse and blend each batch until smooth. Dump each batch into a large bowl. Stir to combine. Allow to chill overnight.
- Optional: Add seeded jalepeno, black pepper, or other ground hot pepper for a spicy version.
Tags: cherry, cucumber, peach, plant based, recipe, soup, tomato