Tomato Dough (pizza, bread sticks, or french bread)
Author: Next Good Meal
- 1 cup Very Veggie juice (or tomato juice) warmed
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 TB honey
- 1½ cups white unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 TB sun dried tomato pesto or chopped sun dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- 2 tsp salt
- Add juice, honey, and yeast to mixing bowl. Stir to combine and dissolve. Add all other ingredients. Mix and knead with dough hook for 3-5 minutes. Allow to rise for at least an hour.
- If making pizza: Divide dough into two portions. The recipe is enough for two pizzas. Press, stretch, or roll dough into desired pizza shape. Preheat oven and pizza stone to highest temperature, usually 550, for at least 30 minutes. Remove pizza stone from oven. Transfer formed dough onto stone. Add toppings and sauce of choice. Bake until beginning to brown on edges, probably around 15 minutes.
- If making bread sticks: Use same instructions for pizza. Leave dough plain or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake and then slice into bread sticks.
- If making french bread: Divide dough into two portions. The recipe is enough for two baguettes. Stretch and roll dough into baguettes. Add dough to french bread pan. Allow to rise until doubled, approximately an hour. Preheat oven to 450. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 and bake another 10 minutes.
- Extra dough can be stored in zip top bags or containers in fridge or freezer.
Love this savory tasty dough for bread sticks with soup!
*If using dry packed sun dried tomatoes, add a TB olive oil.Tags: bread, dough, pizza, recipe, tomato