I think I’ve only made this once before. WHY?? Maybe I was complicating it in my head? It’s just as simple and tasty as laksa, so it really needs to be in the rotation! I’ve tweaked it ever so slightly since last time…
Tom Kha - Thai Noodle Soup
Author: Next Good Meal
- 3 TB lemongrass paste
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 heaping TB shredded kaffir lime leaves
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 habanero, deseeded and minced
- 1 red chili or jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 3 TB lime juice (more to taste)
- 2 TB fish sauce
- ½ tsp any sugar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 servings tofu
- 1 TB oil
- Add lemongrass paste, cilantro, kaffir, and ginger to food processor. Whiz until it forms a paste, adding a small amount of water if needed.
- Heat pot to medium high. Add oil, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook and stir a few minutes until mushrooms begin to brown. Add spice paste and all other ingredients. Heat thoroughly until all ingredients are combined. Can be served immediately or reduce heat to lowest setting to barely simmer for up to an hour.
- Serve on prepared maifun noodles.
Peppers can be substituted with probably any variety according to taste and heat preferences. Tags: recipe, soup, thai