Is there a book of menus? That would be awesome. I love reading menus because they can provide fast inspiration. I always tinker with recipes anyway, so menus with ingredient lists are perfect!
This menu came from one of Dizzle’s recent trips, maybe to New York? I forget. I had just seen some delicious looking thai eggplant, and I was in the mood that week to try some new sauces. This thai chili basil sounded delectable, and it was oh so good. Eggplant, green beans, carrots, tons of basil. Yum. The one problem… I forgot the roasted chili sauce like a big dork. It was still great, but I can’t wait to try it next time with that bit of spicy goodness.
- 3 TB oyster sauce
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB fish sauce
- 1 TB lime juice
- 1 TB + 1 tsp sugar
- 1 TB roasted chili paste
- 4 carrots
- 4 small thai or japanese eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 handfuls green beans
- 4 servings tofu prepared for thai
- 3-4 sprigs basil
- Combine (whisk) oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and chili paste for sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetable by cutting into bite size chunks. Heat pan to medium high. Optional: add a tsp olive oil to pan. Add vegetables and tofu. Stir fry for a couple minutes. Cover and cook for a couple minutes until vegetables the desired tenderness. Add sauce. Cook to combine. Add most of basil. Toss.
- Serve with rice and garnished with the remaining basil.
Tags: eggplant recipe, recipe, thai, thai sauce