This is my favorite of the spinach doughs so far. Olives and spinach are the perfect partners. I can imagine this would be amazing with hummus or topped with “greek” toppings and feta for a pizza. The little dude absolutely loves any version of spinach bread at the moment, so I’ve been making it on the regular just for him. I’m totally saving some of this for myself!
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 TB honey
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ½ cup seeds (sesame, pepitas, and/or sunflower)
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 cups white unbleached flour
- ½ cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 TB olive oil
- Add water, yeast, and honey to mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add all other ingredients to bowl. Knead and mix with dough hook for 5 minutes. Form into a ball. Allow to rise at least an hour until doubled.
- Makes 2 regular sized pizza doughs. (8 slices each)
- Can be pressed into pizza dough size, left without toppings, baked and then sliced into bread sticks.
Tags: bread sticks, olives, pizza dough, recipe, spinach