Dizzle spotted the inspiration for this in a cookbook recently. The first time we had it he actually whipped it up himself. Impressive! This was the second go-round. Still delicious and a new favorite. The mix of tomatoes and coconut milk is creamy dreamy goodness.
- 1 TB hot oil (or plain vegetable oil)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 TB red curry paste (more to taste)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes (optional: whiz in food processor or blender for smoother sauce)
- ½ cup tofu cubes (pressed, marinated, and sauteed)
- scallion greens for garnish
- Heat oil in pan or wok. Add mushrooms, garlic, and onions. Saute approximately 10 minutes until onion tender. Add curry paste. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add red peppers. Saute for a few minutes. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes. Add tofu and simmer. Top with scallions.
- Serve with whole grain basmati, short grain, or jasmine rice.
This keeps well and is just as delicious as leftovers. I like to whiz the tomatoes so the sauce is less chunky.
Tags: mushrooms, recipe, red curry, thai, tofu