We love some curry around here, so of course the little one wants some too. Red curry is pretty high on the heat scale, so I decided to make a tame version for the kiddo. He loved it, and he insisted on having it for breakfast the next day… and every meal until it was gone. 🙂
I think this was about 4 servings for him.
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 handfuls mushrooms, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1-2 oz tofu (prepared for thai)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 TB low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TB lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Optional toppings: cherry tomatoes, basil
- Heat pan to medium. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook covered and then uncovered for a few minutes until tender. Add all other ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with whole grain rice.
His was served a little drier to avoid unnecessary messiness. Here is the adult hot version that was served more soupy.