This was modeled after something Dizzle had from Whole Foods on a recent trip. I’m so glad to discover quinoa again. We had a bad experience a couple years ago and were hesitant to try it again. The “gross” one that turned us off was apparently a variety that required rinsing, and I totally ignored that instruction. Oops. Now most quinoa varieties are pre-rinsed and quicker to cook than rice. Sweet!
Cost: ~ $0.95 per serving (as opposed to approximately $8.00 for the same size serving @ Whole Foods)
- 1 cup quinoa prepared according to instructions
- 2 cups black beans
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 scallions sliced
- quarter of red onion, minced fine
- 1 cucumber seeded and chopped
- handful grape tomatoes halved
- dash chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl. Fold to incorporate.
Tags: black beans, quinoa, recipe, salad, vegan, vegetarian