Another curry! Interesting and tasty. Panang is somewhere between masman and red curry on the flavor scale in my opinion. Peppery goodness. I kept this really simple so that I could get a baseline for the flavor of the spice paste. Even though this was super tasty…I think next time I’ll use less liquid, and I’ll crisp the tofu before adding it to the curry.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 servings tofu (prepared for thai)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock (to desired consistency)
- 2 TB panang curry paste
- 1 TB minced kaffir lime leaves (for garnish)
- Heat pot to medium. Add onion and cook for a few minutes. Add all other ingredients. Stir and cook to combine. Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with whole grain rice and top with kaffir lime leaves.
Tags: panang curry, plant based, recipe, red pepper, thai, tofu