This version brought the heat and was super tasty. We’ve been using a Korean hot pepper paste to heat up the curries lately, and I recently switched from a level 3 to a level 4 “very hot”. Yes!
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 red onion
- 3 TB panang curry paste
- optional: 1 TB hot pepper paste
- 1-2 potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 4 carrots cut into bite size pieces
- *potatoes + carrots = 3-4 cups
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups veg stock
- 4 servings tofu prepared for thai
- garnish: kaffir lime leaves
- Heat pot to medium high. Add onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook for a couple minutes until some liquid is rendered. Stir periodically and cook until onions are just beginning to look tender. Add pastes, coconut milk, and stock. Stir to combine and dissolve. Add tofu, carrots, and potatoes. Bring to bubble. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes until vegetables are the desired tenderness.
- Serve over whole grain rice. Garnish with kaffir lime leaves (approximately 1 tsp per bowl.)
I forgot the kaffir lime leaves AGAIN, for the main serving and again for lunch leftovers the next day. Drat. It really does add a great flavor.
Note: 1 serving of tofu is 2-3 oz out of the pkg or about 1/4 cup pressed and prepared.Tags: carrot, curry, panang, plant based, potato, recipe, thai, tofu