Moving day is next week. Things are getting disorganized around here. I was feeling lazy about the blog even though it’s a hobby, so I wanted to take a break from packing and do some cooking. When I started the day I couldn’t find my most recent notes about this recipe, so I decided to improvise. (yes, I could have searched my own blog, but I had a momentary brain fog and used the wrong search terms. lack of patience = improvise) The result was a pleasant surprise and actually much more simple. I love when that happens. This is how I will keep doing it because the result was even more flavorful with some added heat. The only exception is that this is usually served over a kale rice, and I’ll definitely go back to that.
- 1 onion diced
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 TB ginger paste
- 1 TB lemongrass paste
- 1-2 TB green curry paste
- 1 TB low sodium soy sauce
- 2 oz prepared diced tofu
- 8 oz snow peas or sugar snap peas (optional: cut into bite sized pieces)
- garnish: mint and/or thai basil
- Serve over prepared whole grain rice.
- Heat pan to medium. Add onion. Add a splash of stock to cook and avoid sticking. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and a splash more stock. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid and cook until most liquid has evaporated. Add lemongrass, ginger, and curry paste. Stir to combine. (Add a splash of stock if necessary.). Add coconut milk, soy sauce, tofu, and remainder of stock. Bring to bubble and stir to combine.
- Divide snow peas among 4 bowls on top of brown rice. Serve hot curry over rice and snow peas. Top with herbs.
Tags: curry, mushroom, pea pods, plant based, recipe, thai, tofu