I’m trying to spoil Dizzle with lots of Thai and comfort food before his next biz trip. 🙂 This week has been full of new tasty favorites. This is a duplicate of the most recent version of mussaman curry, complete with a repeat of the cute multi-colored fingerlings.
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 smallish carrots cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 TB oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 TB masman curry paste
- 2 TB fish sauce
- 3 TB lime juice
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup tofu (pressed, cubed, marinated, sauteed)
- 1 cup roasted sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup peanuts or cashews
- Heat oil in pot to medium. Add onion. Cook until tender for about 10-15 minutes. Add stock, coconut milk, potatoes, carrots, spice paste, cinnamon, cardamom, fish sauce, and lime juice. Bring to bubble. Cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes. Add tofu and mushrooms. Simmer for at least another 20 minutes. Add nuts during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Optional: Serve with rice.
Cost: ~ $6.20 for 4 servings
This was the last of the fish sauce in the pantry. I’m not sure there is a substitute, but I plan to try something called Green Mountain Sauce instead of fish sauce in upcoming recipes.Tags: carrots, curry paste, masman, mushrooms, potatoes, recipe, thai, tofu