Lentil falafel, hummus, peach chunks
The falafel was really “veg burger” that I adapted to use with lentils because I had extra that I had overcooked a little. I omitted the bread crumbs for a looser consistency since I knew I was going to use it as more of a “falafel” for wraps and such.
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 TB chia
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup oats processed into flour
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts (of any preferred variety)
- ⅓ cup seeds (of any preferred variety)
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 3 TB kebab seasoning (to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine warm water and chia in a cup. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add onion and carrot. Cook until tender. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Pulse one cup lentils in a food processor. Add to mixing bowl along with the other cup of lentils.
- Add all other ingredients and the "chia egg". Fold to combine.
- Heat pan to medium. Heat and stir desired portion to heat and lightly brown into crumbles.
- Optional: Add 1½ cups fresh bread crumbs and form into burger patties.
Tags: falafel, indian, kid food, plant based, recipe