We took a break from the spinach doughs and threw this together. It’s hearty and tasty. Great for any pizza flavor I think. I kept thinking that bread sticks from this dough would be good with peanut butter. Weird but tasty?
Dough w/ Seeds (pizza or bread sticks)
Author: Next Good Meal
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 TB honey
- ½ cup seeds (flax, sunflower, sesame, and/or pepitas)
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 2 cups white unbleached flour
- 1 TB olive oil
- Add water, yeast, and honey to mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve. Add all other ingredients. Mix and knead with dough hook for 5 minutes. Form into ball. Allow to rise for at least an hour.
- Makes 2 regular sized pizza doughs. (8 slices each)
- Can be pressed into pizza dough size, left without toppings, baked and then sliced into bread sticks.
Tags: bread, bread sticks, pizza, recipe, whole grains