Stranded in an ice storm? Hot spicy soup is on the menu. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time. Not sure why I procrastinated. It turned out even better than expected!
Cauliflower Red Curry Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 scallions, sliced whites only
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup lime juice
- salt & pepper
- 3 TB (plus more to taste) red curry paste
- garnish: scallion greens, sriracha
- Heat oil in large pan. Add cauliflower and scallions (whites). Toss, cover and cook on medium heat until there is some light browning in spots and cauliflower is tender. Add this to food processor along with coconut milk and red curry paste. Whiz until somewhat smooth. Add back to pan or pot. Add stock, lime juice, and salt/pepper to taste. Serve with scallion greens and sriracha.
I would actually prefer this soup blended smooth. I’ve become accustomed to thick chunky food processor soups like this because my 2yo assistant is currently frightened of the blender. (and the purple mini food processor) 🙂 Speaking of the 2yo…he loved this soup and downed a bowl for lunch, without the added heat of sriracha. Tags: cauliflower, coconut milk, recipe, red curry paste, soup, thai