Butternut Yellow Curry
Author: Next Good Meal
- 2-3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 potato cubed
- (4 cups total butternut + potato)
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 TB yellow curry paste
- 1 TB hot pepper paste
- 8 oz (4 servings) tofu prepared for Thai
- Heat pot to medium. Add onion. Cook for a couple minutes. Add garlic, curry paste, pepper paste, coconut milk, and stock. Stir and cook until paste is dissolved and incorporated. Add potato, butternut, and tofu. Bring to bubble. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes until desired tenderness.
- Serve over whole grain rice.
- Optional: Garnish with basil or thai basil.
The total veg addition was 4 cups, and that seemed to be a good chunks to sauce ratio especially once the tofu was added. I’ve also done this using carrots or yellow squash. Just as tasty. I really like the butternut texture in this. I’ll add more heat next time. I would consider this a medium heat, and I like it a little more aggressive. Tags: butternut, curry, plant based, recipe, thai, tofu